Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Wednesday - Wolfville

We woke up this morning to a fresh coating of snow.  Quite a lot has come down and it was still snowing when we woke up.  I had a pretty lousy night's sleep last night.  I was worried and angry about my glasses.  John phoned the airport this morning and even called our optician at home to see if he could write down my prescription with a thought to maybe replacing my glasses here.  They said they would fax details but wouldn't tell him over the phone as they didn't like the idea of it being written down wrong.  We went to Wolfville to have a look in one of the opticians there but it seems like it's going to be expensive, so we thought better of it.  I'll have to wait and see if the glasses can be retrieved from Air Canada and if we don't hear anything next week, I'll have to get our opticians to start work on some new ones for when we return home.  What a pain!

While we were in Wolfville we had lunch at Tim Hortons and then called in to see John's friend who runs a really nice bike shop (and stove shop) in Wolfville (Valley Stove & Cycle) and I think that he's was in the same school year as Stephen.  It was nice to see him again, if I thought it was going to be trouble free getting them home, I'd have been tempted to buy some bikes there as they have some really lovely stuff in there.  John saw a fantastic cycle shirt, but they didn't have any in the right size, so we may get one ordered as they offered to send it on to us at home.  On the way back we stopped and had a little look in a couple of the new shops in New Minas including a new pet store.  They had 2 cats in there wandering around that were for sale.  They were both extremely friendly and they made me miss Tiger.  We bought him a catnip toy so hopefully we won't get into trouble for that!

Another lovely supper courtesy of my Mom-in-Law and then John's Uncle Alan called in to see us so we had a nice chat and catch up.  John's contacted a few of his buddies too, so hopefully we're on track for getting round to see a few people.  I can't believe a week has almost gone already.  It's a shocker!


No comments:

Post a Comment